Meet Father Christmas!
Father Christmas will be taking time out of his busy schedule to visit us here at Dunwich Heath! Meanwhile, Rudolph and his friends are hiding out on the heath! Can you find them?
- Booking not needed
- Admission applies
If you've been good all year, you can drop in to meet Father Christmas at the Coastguard Cottages Tea Room. A little gift and a child's hot chocolate drink are included. Why not follow our Reindeer Trail and see if you can find all of the reindeer hiding on the heath?
Event ticket prices
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points. Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission or
- Standard admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you the Gift Aid Admission prices. But it's entirely up to you which ticket you choose. If you want the Standard Admission instead, just let us know when you come to pay.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid* — an extra 25 per cent — potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below: Payment of the additional percentage donation is entirely voluntary, so if you prefer to pay the standard admission please advise our reception staff at the till point.
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid donations must be supported by a valid Gift Aid declaration and a Gift Aid declaration can only cover donations made by an individual for him/herself or for him/herself and members of his/her family.
- All welcome
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Please make your way to the Coastguard Cottages Tea Room to meet Father Christmas. Drop into the Visitor Information Hut to collect a Reindeer Trail!
- What to bring and wear
- If you are going to follow the reindeer trail, wrap up warm for a winter walk on the heath. Walking shoes or wellies are advisable too!
- The Coastguard Cottages Tea Room is accessible to all. A personal mobility vehicle is available for use on the heath, please book in advance.
- This is a drop in event. There is a charge to visit Father Christmas; the reindeer trail is free.
|16 December 2017||11:00 - 14:30||Available|
|17 December 2017||11:00 - 14:30||Available|