Mini Ranger Trail
Follow our free family trail to learn all about the types of jobs a Dorset Rangers does.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
This family trail takes you on a walk around Hive Beach which can last around 1 hour. You will follow the path up to Bind Barrow which will give you stunning views out to sea and then head towards the Coast Watch team to find out what they have seen today.
- Event ticket prices
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
- Booking details
- Call Not needed
- This is a family trail for children of all ages.
- Meeting point
- Get your free self led trail leaflet and brass rubbing sheet from the National Trust Hut by the main carpark.
- What to bring and wear
- Wear weather appropriate clothing as this is an outdoor trail.
- There is a walk up hill to the top of Bind Barrow and a short period of time on the beach. You will also follow a small section of the coastal footpath.
- Please ask at the National Trust Hut for your free trail sheet. Available all day, everyday. Call back after to show the team what you discovered. We would love it if you could share any photos you take on our Facebook page: National Trust North and West Dorset.