Be prepared this February half-term
Help us celebrate World Thinking Day and Founder's day with a week of scouting and guiding inspired activities suitable for kids of all ages.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Where better to have a go at some of these fun themed activities but the birthplace of scouting, Brownsea! There will be opportunities for kids to book onto our popular ranger days with a scouting theme this week or simply come over and have a go at our free 'scouting' trail available daily throughout the week. There will be campfires and marshmallow toasting at the weekends so something for all the family this half term week.
- Event ticket prices
|(x1 adult and x3 children)||£12.60||£11.25|
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Please note that the ferry fare (not National Trust) applies to all visitors.
DWT members who are solely visiting the DWT area, are not required to pay the NT admission
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Pick up your free trail from the visitor centre. For Ranger Days and campfires, meet at the outdoor centre (25 minutes walk from the main quayside).
- What to bring and wear
- Wear sensible footwear and outdoor clothing paying special attention to recent and current weather conditions.
- All terrain wheelchairs and pushchairs available, advanced booking is advisable. Wheelchair users should contact the public ferry companies prior to travel.
- Please see separate event listing for Ranger days where booking is essential. Campfire and marshmallow toasting will take place at the Outdoor Centre during weekends only 12pm-2pm
|15 February 2020||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|16 February 2020||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|17 February 2020||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|18 February 2020||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|19 February 2020||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|20 February 2020||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|21 February 2020||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|22 February 2020||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|23 February 2020||10:00 - 16:00||Available|