Green Winged Orchid Guided Walk
A gentle guided walk through the highland of Orcombe, Exmouth. Get an up-close look at the near-threatened green winged orchids and learn about how the National Trust is managing the grassland to care for the orchids. This event is free of charge.
- Booking essential
- Admission applies
Take a gentle guided walk through the Highland of Orcombe and get an up-close look at the near-threatened green winged orchids. Learn about how the National Trust is managing the grassland to care for the orchids.
Weather permitting: After the walk participants are welcome to stay and help the rangers map the orchids so they can monitor their distribution over time.
Event ticket prices
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
- Booking details
- Call 03442491895
- Only suitable for adults.
- Meeting point
- Please meet at The Geoneedle landmark, at Orcombe point. grid refence: SY020795 What 3 words: perky.mute.mint
- What to bring and wear
- Wear sturdy footwear and suitable clothing for the weather. Bring a drink and a snack/packed lunch if you would like to stay on to help map the orchids.
- Fairly easy walk through fields, with good access. Gentle gradient.
- Sorry, no dogs. Charged parking available on Marine Drive, approx. 10 minute walk from the meeting point.