Guided visit to Priory Church and medieval Stew Ponds
Find out more about the medieval history of Canons Ashby with a guided visit to the church, and then to the recently restored medieval stew ponds: an area not accessible to the public without a guide.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Find out more about the medieval history of Canons Ashby with a guided visit to the church, and then to the recently restored medieval stew ponds: an area not accessible to the public without a guide. An exclusive chance to see this beautiful area. This visit will only go ahead in good weather due to ground conditions on the route. Please wear sturdy footwear and ask at reception on your way in. Not suitable for children under 10 years old or for dogs (except assistance dogs).
Normal admission prices apply.
- Event ticket prices
|One adult family||£18.20||£16.50|
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
- Booking details
- Please sign up when you arrive, tickets are first come, first served.
- This tour is aimed at adults, but children 10 and up are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Please sign up for the guided visit in the shop as there are limited spaces available. Then meet for the visit at the Church at 2pm.
- What to bring and wear
- Please wear sturdy shoes suitable for uneven muddy surfaces
- This involves walking across the site through a field and around an area which may be muddy and bumpy.
- This is not suitable for dogs other than assistance dogs, as they will be going into an area which is cared for as a nature habitat. Please sign up when you arrive, tickets are first come, first served. If the weather is very poor or the ground near the ponds is very wet and boggy, this will not go ahead.