Muscle Meadows - part of National Meadow day
Take a closer look at what is living in the flower rich grassland around Haig Pit whilst testing your strength by weeding out some of the more invasive or unpalatable species.
- Booking not needed
- Free event
Drop by at any time during the event to help out in our community weeding event as part of National Meadow day.
- Children over 7 years old are welcome to come and join in
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Haig Pit car park, Whitehaven, CA28 9BG
- What to bring and wear
- Please wear old clothes as they may become stained. Long sleeves, trousers and good footwear are advised to help avoid skin irritation from contact with plants, animals or exposure to sun.
- Very accessible, level ground throughout the meadows.
- Hayfever sufferers please be aware of exposure to pollen and to the elements as there is no shelter. Anyone allergic to bee stings should also avoid this event. There is a risk of skin irritation from plants and animal including thistles, nettles, brambles, hogweed, wild parsnip, grasses, beetles, bees, ants. Anyone with a bad back or muscular skeletal problems should also avoid this event as weeding is strenuous.
|6 July 2019||10:00 - 15:00||Available|