Heartland: Stan's Cafe - THE CAMP. Overnight stays
A family of time travellers have set up camp... Spend a night at The Camp and sleep under the stars. This is an overnight event, which will finish in the morning.
- Booking essential
- Free event
A family of time travelers have set up camp on Earls Hill, high up in the clear air and cooling breezes where they can see the sun set and marvel at the patterns of the stars.
Join the family whenever you wish for as long as you want, help gather firewood and water, cook food, keep the flag flying and invent games to play (no booking needed).
To stay in The Camp overnight advance booking is required.
- Booking details
- Call 03442491895
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Meet 8.00pm in the car park at Earl's Hill, Pontesbury, SY5 0UH
- What to bring and wear
- - suitable outdoor clothing, incl. sturdy shoes and waterproofs - torch - bivvy bag (no tent pegs allowed). There will be no tents provided, participants will sleep under the stars - food and water
- Lower site for overnight stays is on a small hill, though generally accessible. Higher site is up a steep hill; the ascend requires good fitness levels and the descent should be approached with care.
- - The Camp does not have electricity or running water on site. Although there will be access to water this will be limited and visitors should be prepared for this. - The Camp will be serviced by a portable toilet near the site of the lower camp. - The Camp is performed on the protected sites of two Scheduled Monuments, as such the ground must remain undisturbed by tent pegs. Visitors are therefore requested to bring their own Bivvy Bag or other provision for sleeping without a tent. Stan's Cafe is a highly acclaimed theatre company based in the West Midlands that has spent more than 25 years playfully exploring new theatrical ideas and sharing them with audiences around the world. Heartland is a partnership project between the National Trust, Shropshire Hills AONB Partnership, Stiperstones & Corndon Hill Country Landscape Partnership Scheme, Arts Alive and Ben Osborne Photography.
|21 July 2017||20:00 - 23:45||Available|
|22 July 2017||20:00 - 23:45||Available|