Expert led archaeology walk
Discover some of the castle's hidden past.
- Booking essential
- Admission applies
Join our regional archaeologist, Nathalie Cohen, on this walk around Bodiam Castle to learn more about Bodiam's hidden past through some recent discoveries. Light lunch is included with the chance to chat more to Nathalie.
Event ticket prices
Adult £20.00Includes light lunch
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Offer tickets are applicable to those arriving via the Kent & East Sussex Railway and Bodiam Boating Station ferry. Visitors will be required to show their travel tickets from these providers.
Car Park: Non-members: £3.00 per car. NT members: Free.
Coaches: Pre-booked coaches: Free. Unbooked coaches: £50 charge.
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- This event is not suitable for younger children.
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Meet outside Castle Cottage, opposite the castle entrance.
- What to bring and wear
- Wear suitable clothing and sturdy shoes for our outdoor site. In summer the castle courtyard is a sun trap. Please bring a hat, sun cream and water if hot weather is forecast.
- Access across the site is over graveled paths and grassy banks on a sloping site.
- Pay & Display car parking: NT members, free - please scan your membership card; Non-NT members, £3 per car. Coaches £50 for 2 hours unless pre-booked.
|19 July 2019||10:00 - 12:30||Available|