Mad Jack's 5 with Shrewsbury Athletic Club
Now in its thirteenth year, this race is a joint venture between Shrewsbury AC and the National Trust. The multi-terrain course is approximately 5 miles.
- Booking essential
The majority of the course is off road and includes a mixture of pasture land where cattle, sheep and deer can be seen. The course also passes through wooded areas with obstacles such as fallen trees. Also included are several wet / marsh areas (dependent upon weather conditions leading up to the race and on the day).
Mad Jack's pond Just before the finish the course takes in the pond where competitors run or wade through still water that is approximately 0.5 metres deep. This can be very muddy and obviously cold, be prepared for this popular feature at the end of the race.
- affiliated £12.00
- unaffiliated £14.00
- Booking details
- Call 07809 207 007
- Click 'check availability' above to book via SAC. £1.50 booking fee applies.
- Minimum age 16 years on the day of the race
- Meeting point
- Registration from 8.30 - 10am on the day. The start of race is approximately 5 minutes walk from registration.
- What to bring and wear
- All runners must wear a number securely pinned to the front of the vest/T-shirt. Please dress for November weather and ground conditions.
- The course covers wet, marshy and uneven terrain ending with a run or wade through 0.5 meter water depth.
- Free entry to spectators before 10.30am.