Secrets of Stowe Challenge: The garden time forgot
Travel back in time to solve the mysteries of an abandoned garden before it's lost forever. Designed for fans of mind games and escape rooms, will Stowe survive in your hands?
- Booking not needed
- Admission applies
To mark 30 years of the National Trust at Stowe, we're taking you back to a time when the iconic landscapes we know today were fading into an overgrown wilderness. Perfect for teen families and groups of young adults (or the young at heart!), this challenge will put your puzzle solving and teamwork skills to the test.
Event ticket prices
|National Trust Members||N/A||£5.50|
|1 Adult, 3 Children||£20.85||£18.90|
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Stowe House is managed and operated by Stowe House Preservation Trust. For more information call +44 (0)1280 818166. Admission charges apply to National Trust members, payable at National Trust reception.
Child tickets: under 17s, under 5s go free.
HHA members and Stowe House annual pass members: free.
- We suggest this event is suitable for children aged 8 years and upwards.
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Head to the New Inn welcome centre to purchase your challenge pack and book a time slot to start your mission.
- What to bring and wear
- The challenge will take you approx. 2 hours, so wear comfortable clothes for an outdoor adventure.
- The route will take in steep inclines, grass paths and steps - we'd not recommend it for wheelchair users or those with mobility requirements. Call us to find out more on 01280 817156.
- To avoid teams bunching up around the route, we're running a system of staggered start times. We have plenty of time slots to choose from and you can book these in visitor reception. We expect this challenge to take between 2-3 hours to complete. You'll only need to buy one pack per team taking part in the challenge, but if you have a large group, you're welcome to purchase an additional pack for the same price to have the extra materials to use. Picnics are welcome in the gardens, all we ask is that you take your rubbish away with you.
|19 September 2019||10:00 - 15:00||Available|
|20 September 2019||10:00 - 15:00||Available|
|21 September 2019||10:00 - 15:00||Available|
|22 September 2019||10:00 - 15:00||Available|
|23 September 2019||10:00 - 15:00||Available|
|24 September 2019||10:00 - 15:00||Available|
|25 September 2019||10:00 - 15:00||Available|
|26 September 2019||10:00 - 15:00||Available|
|27 September 2019||10:00 - 15:00||Available|
|28 September 2019||10:00 - 15:00||Available|
|29 September 2019||10:00 - 15:00||Available|
|30 September 2019||10:00 - 15:00||Available|
|1 October 2019||10:00 - 15:00||Available|
|2 October 2019||10:00 - 15:00||Available|
|3 October 2019||10:00 - 15:00||Available|
|4 October 2019||10:00 - 15:00||Available|
|5 October 2019||10:00 - 15:00||Available|
|6 October 2019||10:00 - 15:00||Available|
|7 October 2019||10:00 - 15:00||Available|
|8 October 2019||10:00 - 15:00||Available|