Wild Wednesday: We're going on a bug hunt!
Uncover Stowe's hidden world of creepy-crawlies. Borrow a magnifying glass to spy under logs and see what you can spot.
- Booking essential
- Admission applies
Uncover Stowe's hidden world of creepy-crawlies. Borrow a magnifying glass to spy under logs and see what you can spot. Take home your own creepy-crawly guide and 50 Things scrapbook. A great chance to do two of your 50 Things: hunt for bugs and hold a scary beast!
Event ticket prices
|1 adult, 3 children||£18.60||£16.90|
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
|National Trust member||N/A||£4.95|
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points. Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission or
- Standard admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you the Gift Aid Admission prices. But it's entirely up to you which ticket you choose. If you want the Standard Admission instead, just let us know when you come to pay.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid* — an extra 25 per cent — potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below: Payment of the additional percentage donation is entirely voluntary, so if you prefer to pay the standard admission please advise our reception staff at the till point.
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid donations must be supported by a valid Gift Aid declaration and a Gift Aid declaration can only cover donations made by an individual for him/herself or for him/herself and members of his/her family.
Stowe House is opened by Stowe House Preservation Trust. For more information call +44 (0)1280 818166. Admission charges apply to National Trust members, payable at National Trust reception.
Child tickets: under 17s, under 5s go free.
HHA members and Stowe House annual pass members: free.
Purchasing a ticket entitles the holder to free entry to Stowe House for one year.
- Booking details
- Call 0844 249 1895
- Each child attending will need to book a ticket. Adults do not need to book.
- This activity is for children between 5 and 12 and their families
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- We'll be meeting at the Eastern Lake Pavilion, please allow enough time to gain admission and make your way to the gardens (it's around a 0.3 mile walk from The New Inn at Stowe).
- What to bring and wear
- Remember this is an outdoor event. Wear clothes you don't mind getting a bit messy and wear comfy shoes. If it's sunny, bring your sunhat, sunglasses and cream.
- The gardens are partly accessible with steep slopes and uneven terrain. Mobility buggies are available to hire. Please call us to discuss your requirements on 01280 817156.
- Though this activity is aimed at children between 5 and 12, we do welcome children of all ages at this event. All children must be accompanied by an adult that remains present throughout the session.
|31 May 2017||10:30 - 12:00||Available|