Camping pods at Eskdale
Our cosy pods offer a few simple indoor comforts whilst staying in the great outdoors.
Perfect for a weekend away, camping pods offer the chance to relax without having to pitch a tent yourself. So whether you’re a couple looking to explore, or a family hoping to get some adventures together, the pods provide an opportunity for an easy get-away.
Clustered together, a stone’s throw from all the essential facilities, there are 10 cosy pods in two little circles in a wooded area of the campsite – so be prepared for a sociable stay rather than complete privacy.
We have two types of pods - Regular Pods and Plus Pods, all of which contain heating and lighting.
- Are built locally, from wood
- Provide an attractive, dry and spacious camping area
- Have a window and are double-glazed
- Have lockable French doors
- Are designed to cut down the noise made by heavy rain and offer a degree of sound insulation
- Have sheep wool insulation inside the walls for winter warmth
- Have a special foil layer under the roof to keep summer temperatures down
Our regular pods come in two sizes - Standard and Family:
- Standard pods can accommodate a maximum of two adults and one child.
- Family pods are suitable for up to two adults and two children.
All of the regular pods are dog friendly and 2 dogs are allowed per pod.
What you need to bring
Think of a pod as a replacement for your tent. You'll need to bring everything you would bring if you were camping in your tent (sleeping bag, sleep mat, pots and pans, stove, camping chairs, torch etc). The pods are unfurnished with a soft floor and there is indoor lighting, a heater and double electric socket with two USB sockets.
The 'Plus Pods' are the same size as the family pod but are fitted out to provide extra comfort:
- The front section has 2 single beds with mattresses which are designed to be used as seating during the daytime.
- The back section has mattresses for another two people which can be folded up to provide two further seats.
- The pods are supplied with electrical under floor heating as standard and have a 'sub-zero' insulation pack.
- There is plenty of storage room under the two single beds and hooks for hanging things like rucksacks.
- They are suitable for 2 adults and 2 children or a maximum of 3 adults.
The plus pods are not dog friendly.
What you need to bring
If you opt for a Plus Pod then you don't need to bring your sleep mat as they have mattresses (unless you prefer to bring it and place it on top). You won't need your camping chairs for inside use but might like to bring them for outdoor use. Apart from that, make sure you bring all your other standard camping equipment such as your sleeping bag, pots and pans and stove.
The maximum capacity per pod is 10 amps so please bring only small travel or low wattage electrical items - particularly kettles.
What time can you arrive and when do you need to leave?
The camping pods are available from 1pm on day of arrival until 10am on day of departure.
Select 'Book your holiday' below to check prices and availability.