Cycle for the National Trust
Would you like to cycle for charity? Help us look after the places you love by taking on a cycling challenge and fundraising for the National Trust.
We're looking for cyclists to take part in this year's RideLondon 2020 event. Already got a place? That's great. Find out how you can cycle for us.
Your miles matter to us. We need your support to help care for the rivers, mountains, beaches and forests you love to escape to.
Whether it's the golden beach that saw your child's first steps or the ancient forest that brings you peace, there are places that are special to all of us. Which place will you be thinking of as you pedal towards the finishing line?
Sign up with us and cycle for charity next year. We've reserved a number of spots at RideLondon 2020, but you'll have to be quick - these places fill up fast.
If you register with us, we'll send you a National Trust cycling shirt and a free fundraising kit to support you with your fundraising and training. You'll also get a unique wooden medal after your race, as a thank you from us. To get you started, we're offering cyclists the ultimate training guidance (below) thanks to our partnership with British Cycling and with funding and support from their lead sponsor HSBC UK.
And if you've already got a place at RideLondon 2020 and would like to cycle for charity in support of the National Trust, see below for information on fundraising for us and how we’ll support you.
So far in 2019...
- More than 200 fundraisers have run, walked or cycled for us
- They've covered around 3,577 miles on foot or wheels to support special places
- And raised a whopping £75k for coast, countryside, heritage and wildlife in our care
A 100-mile cycle ride on closed roads that starts and finishes in central London. Riders follow a route through beautiful Surrey countryside.
- Start line location: Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London
- Finish line location: The Mall, London
- Distance: 100 miles
- Minimum fundraising amount: £500
- Registration fee: £25
How we'll support you
If you cycle for us you will receive a fundraising kit packed with ideas, hints and tips. It will include the following:
- a National Trust race jersey to share your charity while you cycle;
- a head scarf to keep you cool as you pedal to the finish line;
- stickers to proudly shout about what you’ve done;
- a pledge card to help keep you motivated and on target;
- posters to ensure as many people know as possible; and
- a collection box to gather those important donations
And after your race, you'll get a unique wooden medal as a thank you.
We will also help you prepare for race day by sending you motivational emails, training schedules and nutritional information.
Want to cycle for the National Trust?
Email us to apply for one of our charity places. Already have a place and want to raise money for us? Email us for more information and a sponsorship form.