2015 marked the 10th anniversary of the introduction of the Trust’s current governance arrangements. The Board and the Council concluded that this was a good moment to pause, think about whether things are working well and, if necessary, decide how they could be improved further.
- a reduction in the size of the Council from 52 members to 36 members (to be achieved by 2018);
- clarification of the role of the Council;
- the general principle that Council members’ tenure should be a maximum of two terms of three years;
- that there should be a minimum of four Council members on the Board of Trustees including the Chairman and Deputy Chairman (the previous requirement was for a majority of Trustees to be Council members)
- that the Council’s Nomination Committees for the appointment of Trustees, Chairman and Deputy Chairman should include a Board member.
If you have any questions about the governance review please send us an email.
Annual General Meeting
If you have any questions about the AGM please send us an email.