No.28 climb a huge hill
Climbing a huge hill might seem really tiring, but once you've reached the top think about how much fun you'll have coming back down.
Challenge No.28 climb a huge hill gives you the chance to tick off challenge No.2 roll down a really big hill as well, so it's definitely one worth doing. But it's not all about the rolling down the hill after you've climbed it - getting to the top is pretty special as well.
What you need:
- A huge hill
- A footpath to take you to the top easily
- Trainers or boots as you'll be doing some serious walking so flip flops won't work.
When you're climbing to the top of a really huge hill it might feel like your lungs are screaming and that you're never going to make it, but if you take it slowly and have lots of drinks and snacks, you should be fine. Of course, if you've chosen a hill that you can roll down afterwards to tick off another of you're 50 things challenges then you're probably laughing right now as you'll be ticking off two activities at once.
- On the way up the hill, look out for wildlife beneath your feet and in the sky, you'll be amazed at what you can find living on a hill.
- But don't spend all your time looking for wildlife, you'll need to be aware of edges and drops too!
- Taking friends and family with you is a great way to make this challenge go even quicker as you'll probably spend the whole time talking.
- Don't forget to see how far you can see once you've got to the top of the hill (before you're planning on rolling down it) hills usually offer spectacular views over the surrounding countryside.