Special Places Raffle 2019
Terms and conditions for our Special Places Raffle 2019.
Take part in our Special Places Raffle, with top prizes of £10,000, £5,000, £2,000 and £1,000.
There are over 265 properties taking part this year and the much-needed funds raised from ticket sales will stay at the National Trust property or place where the tickets were purchased. What’s more, each £1 ticket purchased is worth £2 to the property thanks to the central matched-giving scheme. Last year our Special Places Raffle raised over £600,000.
Purchase your raffle ticket at your favourite property and you could win:
1st prize: £10,000
2nd prize: £5,000
3rd prize: £2,000
4th prize: £1,000
Plus there are 20 runner-up prizes of £25 National Trust gift cards.
The raffle is now open, and will close on 4 November 2019.
The draw will take place on 22 November 2019, and winners will be notified in writing.
A complete list of prize winners will be available from 9 December 2019 on our website or by calling our Supporter Services Centre on 0344 800 1895.
Read the full terms and conditions
The Special Places Raffle 2019 is operated by The National Trust (Enterprises) Limited (registered company no. 1083105 and registered office address Heelis, Kemble Drive, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN2 2NA) which is licensed by the Gambling Commission (licence no. 4746).
All profits from the Special Places Raffle 2019 will be donated to the National Trust for Places of Historic Interest or Natural Beauty (registered charity no. 205846).
The person responsible within the National Trust for the promotion of the Special Places Raffle 2019 is Sharon Pickford of National Trust, Heelis, Kemble Drive, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN2 2NA.
The information set out below is a summary of our key terms for information purposes only. This does not replace the full terms and conditions set out below. In the event of any conflict between this summary and the full terms and conditions, the full terms and conditions will apply.
(A) You must be 16 years of age or older and meet the other eligibility and verification criteria to purchase a Raffle Ticket or receive a Prize. See Clauses 1, 7 and 29.
(B) Each Raffle Ticket will be sold for £1.
(C) The Closing Date for the Special Places Raffle 2019 is 23.59 on 4 November 2019.
(D) The Prizes for the Draw are: £10,000 cash (1st Prize), £5,000 cash (2nd Prize), £2,000 cash (3rd Prize), £1,000 cash (4th Prize) 20 x £25 National Trust Gift cards (5th Prizes). See Clauses 20-24.
(E) Any complaints or disputes will be first handled by our customer care team with a right to appeal to the Independent Betting Arbitration Service. See Clauses 42 and 44.
- "Special Places Raffle 2019" means the lottery, that is operated by The National Trust (Enterprises) Limited and managed in part by Woods Valldata as an external lottery manager.
- “Closing Date” means 23:59 on 4 November 2019.
- ” Draw” means the draw for the Prizes described at Clauses 20-24.
- “National Trust” means The National Trust (Enterprises) Limited.
- “NT” means the National Trust for Places of Historic Interest or Natural Beauty.
- “Point of Sale” means the point of sale for Raffle Tickets, whether at a National Trust or NT property, at a National Trust or NT event, or by a National Trust representative at another location.
- “Prize” means any of the prizes as set out at Clauses 20, 21, 22, 23, and 24.
- “Raffle Ticket” means a ticket purchased for the Special Places Raffle 2019.
- “Ticket Holder” means a person who holds a Raffle Ticket in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Entry Conditions
1. To be eligible to purchase a Raffle Ticket, a person must:
a. be 16 years of age or over;
b. not be an employee of the National Trust, NT or Woods Valldata; and
c. comply with these terms and conditions.
2. A Raffle Ticket will be entered into the Special Places Raffle 2019 if:
a. an application for such Raffle Ticket is received by the National Trust before the Closing Date; and
b. payment for such application is received by the National Trust before the Closing Date.
3. Each Raffle Ticket will be sold for £1.
4. National Trust may, at its sole discretion, refuse to sell a Raffle Ticket to any person without giving reasons.
5. A Raffle Ticket may not be transferred from a person listed as the owner of the respective Raffle Ticket on the National Trust’s records to another person.
7. By purchasing a Raffle Ticket you confirm that you are 16 years or older at the date when you purchased the Raffle Ticket. If the National Trust determines that a Ticket Holder is under the age of 16 at the date the Raffle Ticket was purchased, the Ticket Holder shall not be entitled to any Prize and National Trust will return to the Ticket Holder the amount paid by them the Raffle Ticket(s).
8. National Trust reserves the right to verify the age of any person seeking to purchase a Raffle Ticket or a Ticket Holder, at any time (including after a Raffle Ticket has been purchased), by requesting such proof of age as National Trust may require.
9. By purchasing, or attempting to purchase, a Raffle Ticket, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
10. Payment for a Raffle Ticket can only be made in person at a Point of Sale
11. Payment for a Raffle Ticket can be made in cash. Credit/debit card payments may be accepted at certain Points of Sale and may be subject to a minimum payment. Cheques, Charities Aid Foundation or other charity vouchers cannot be accepted as payment for raffle tickets.
12. National Trust accepts no responsibility if the chosen method of payment is cancelled by you, your bank or credit/debit card provider.
13. A person may not purchase more than £100 of Raffle Tickets unless approved by the National Trust upon special request from the Property Fundraising Officer.
How to enter
14. Raffle Tickets may be purchased from a Point of Sale.
15. Raffle Ticket stubs must be completed with the holder’s name, address, and contact details, and must be returned with payment to a National Trust representative at the relevant Point of Sale.
16. The Closing Date for the Special Places Raffle 2019 is 23.59 on 4 November 2019.
17. The Draw will take place on 22 November 2019 at: Woods Valldata, Lansdowne House, Bumpers Way, Chippenham, SN14 6NG.
18. Raffle Tickets for the Draw will be drawn randomly.
19. The result of the Draw is final.
20. The Ticket Holder of the first Raffle Ticket drawn will receive £10,000 cash.
21. The Ticket Holder of the second Raffle Ticket drawn will receive £5,000 cash.
22. The Ticket Holder of the third Raffle Ticket drawn will receive £2,000 cash.
23. The Ticket Holder of the fourth Raffle Ticket drawn will receive £1,000 cash.
24. The Ticket Holders of the subsequent twenty Raffle Tickets drawn will each receive one £25 National Trust Gift Card. Full National Trust Gift Card terms and conditions are available here.
Payment of Prizes
25. The person who wins the First Prize will be notified by telephone where possible. All other winners of Prizes will be notified in writing.
26. All Prizes are non-transferable and no alternatives will be provided.
27. A complete list of winners of Prizes will be available from 9 December 2019 by calling our Supporter Services Centre on 0344 800 1895, or by visiting our website.
28. National Trust reserves the right to request proof of identity from any person who claims a Prize.
29. A person shall not be eligible to receive a Prize if they do not satisfy the criteria at Clause 1(a)-(c).
30. National Trust reserves the right to withhold or refuse payment of any Prize if National Trust has reasonable grounds to believe that these terms and conditions have been breached in any way.
31. If a Prize is transferred to a person who is not eligible to receive the Prize, the Prize shall be repayable or returned (as applicable) by that person to National Trust on demand.
32. By entering the Special Places Raffle 2019, if you win a Prize you agree to the National Trust using your last name and home county on our website and otherwise to promote the raffles operated by the National Trust.
33. All Prizes must be claimed no later than 180 days from the date of the Draw.
34. Any Prizes which remain unclaimed after 180 days from the date of the Draw shall be forfeited and donated to the National Trust.
35. The National Trust provides the right to self-exclude.
36. You may request to be excluded from all raffles operated by the National Trust.
37. If you wish to self-exclude, you can:
a. follow the self-exclusion procedure in the Raffles section of the Website; or
b. contact our Supporter Services team on the following phone number: 0344 800 1895 or by email: email@example.com.
38. If you elect to self-exclude, you may not purchase National Trust Raffle Tickets for the period of self-exclusion and will not be sent any related marketing.
39. At the end of the self-exclusion period, you may request to purchase further Raffle Tickets (and receive marketing materials) by contacting our customer support team on 0344 800 1895.
Limitation of Liability
40. Subject to Clause 42, the liability of National Trust to any Ticket Holder shall be limited to the amount of any Prize(s) which is due to that Ticket Holder.
41. Subject to Clause 42, National Trust shall not be liable:
a. to any person for the National Trust’s inability to contact you and/or award any Prize due to any errors or omissions in the details you provide or your failure to update these details if they change;
b. for any interest of whatever nature claimed by person in a lost or stolen Raffle Ticket;
c. any matter beyond the National Trust’s reasonable control.
42. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit the liability of National Trust for:
a. death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
b. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
c. any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
43. Should you have a complaint, please contact The Property Fundraising Officer, National Trust, Heelis, Kemble Drive, Swindon SN2 2NA. A copy of our raffles complaints procedure is available here.
44. If for any reason you are not satisfied with how the National Trust has resolved your complaint, you may decide that the matter be referred for adjudication by the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (“IBAS”). IBAS can be contacted as below:
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7347 5883
45. Alternatively, you may use the ‘Online Dispute Resolution’ platform (http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/) if a complaint is not resolved.
46. If you would like more information about raffles and lotteries please go to gamblingcommission.gov.uk.
47. If you are worried about your gambling or that of someone close to you, GamCare is the UK's leading authority on the provision of support, advice and counselling to people affected by gambling problems. If you or someone you know needs help or advice call their helpline 0808 8020 133 or visit GamCare.
48. These terms and conditions are governed the laws of England and Wales.
49. Subject to your right to use an alternative dispute resolution provider as set out at Clause 44, each party agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with this agreement or its subject matter or formation.