Spring Raffle 2017 terms and conditions
Our Spring Raffle 2017 terms and conditions
The Spring Raffle 2017 is operated by The National Trust (Enterprises) Limited (registered company no. 1083105 and registered office address Heelis, Kemble Drive, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN2 2NA) which is licensed by the Gambling Commission (licence no. 4746).
All profits from the Spring Raffle 2017 will be donated to the National Trust for Places of Historic Interest or Natural Beauty (registered charity no. 205846).
The person responsible within the National Trust for the promotion of the Spring Raffle 2017 is Tim Butler of National Trust, Heelis, Kemble Drive, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN2 2NA.
1. Participation in the Spring Raffle 2017 costs £1 per raffle ticket.
2. The tickets may not be sold to, or by a person under 16 years of age or purchased by National Trust employees. If a ticket is sold unknowingly to a person under the age of 16 they will be exempt from the raffle and will forfeit their prize.
3. Payment for participation in the Christmas Raffle can be made by cheque or credit/debit card. CAF or other charity vouchers cannot be accepted as payment for raffle tickets. Please do not send cash.
4. Your raffle tickets will be entered into the draw as soon as the whole payment is received.
5. National Trust accepts no responsibility if the chosen method of payment is cancelled by you, your bank or credit/debit card provider.
6. Tickets must be completed and sent directly with the payment slip/entry form and payment to: Freepost RLTB-GEAJ-GJSA, National Trust Spring Raffle 2017, Bumpers Way, Bumpers Farm, Chippenham, SN14 6NG. If you are purchasing tickets for yourself you do not need to fill in your details on the stubs as your payment slip/entry form contains a unique barcode linked to your reference number as well as your name and address.
7. No responsibility is taken for raffle tickets and payment lost, delayed, or damaged in the post and proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
8. Entries received by 23.59 on 10 March 2017 after the initial mail date will be automatically entered into our Fast Reply Draw.
9. The Fast Reply Draw will take place on 13 March 2017.
10. One winning ticket will be drawn for the Early Bird draw to win a Panasonic Lumix TZ80 camera.
11. Entries received after the above closing date will not be entered into the Fast Reply Draw, but will still be entered into the Christmas Raffle.
12. Entry into the Fast Reply Draw will not enhance or diminish any chance entries have in the Christmas Raffle.
13. The closing date for the receipt of raffle tickets and raffle ticket payment for the Spring Raffle 2017 is 28 April 2017.
14. Tickets received after the closing date may not be entered into the draw but the payment will be treated as a donation unless expressly stated as otherwise by the sender.
15. The draw for the main Spring Raffle 2017 will take place on 5 May 2017.
16. The draw for both the Fast Reply draw and the main Spring Raffle 2017 draw will take place at: The Woods Group Limited, Bumpers Way, Chippenham, Wiltshire SN14 6NG.
17. Thirteen winning tickets will be drawn for the Spring Raffle. The first ticket number drawn can choose between:
a) £10,000 cash; or
b) Can between 1 April 2017 and 31 March 2022 book any number of holidays at National Trust holiday cottages, bothys or bunkhouses, up to a combined total value of £10,000.
i. Booking of the cottage/bothy/bunkhouse will be subject to availability. To check availability please visit: https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/holidays
ii. Any booking will be subject to the Holiday Cottages terms and conditions in use at the time of booking. The terms and conditions applicable for 2016 are: Holiday Cottages terms and conditions.
iii. The Terms and Conditions will include terms relating to; cancellation charges, amendment charges and any other associated fees.
iv. The Terms and Conditions require a person aged 18 or over to be responsible for each booking. If the winner is aged 18 or over they will be the person responsible for each booking. If the winner is aged 16 or 17 at the time of any booking, they will be required to nominate a member of their party that is aged 18 or over to act as the person responsible for that booking.
iv. The prize cannot be substituted for cash at a later date.
vi. The winner will be responsible for any costs above the value of £10,000.
vii. Should £10,000 worth of holidays not be taken by 31 March 2022, the outstanding amount cannot be carried over or claimed as cash.
viii. The National Trust will not be responsible for any Transport costs associated with fulfilling the prize.
18. The second ticket number drawn will receive £1,000 cash and the third number drawn will receive £500 cash. In addition to the three main prizes there will be 10 x National Trust Hampers to win. (The hampers will contain products selected by the National Trust, and the contents of the hampers may vary from the picture, but will have a value of not less than £50.00).
19. All tickets will be drawn randomly.
20. The prizes of both draws are non-transferable and no alternatives will be provided.
21. The result of both the Christmas Raffle 2016 draw and the Early Bird draw are final.
22. The winner of the first prize will be notified by telephone when possible. All other winners will be notified in writing.
23. If the £10,000 cash is chosen a cheque will be sent out within 28 working days of the draw to the name and address of the registered buyers of the winning raffle tickets.
24. If the £10,000 worth of holidays is chosen the winner will be contacted by a member of the National Trust Holidays Team within 28 days of the draw to provide further information as to how the holidays can be claimed.
25. The camera for the winner of the Early Bird draw will be sent out within 28 working days of the draw to the name and address of the registered buyers of the winning raffle ticket.
26. All winners, from both draws, will be notified in writing. A complete list of winners from both draws will be available from 12 May 2017 by calling our Supporter Services Centre on 0344 800 1895, or by visiting our website.
27. Should you have a complaint, please contact The Donor Development Executive, National Trust, Heelis, Kemble Drive, Swindon SN2 2NA. A copy of our raffles complaints procedure is available here.
28. If you would like more information about raffles and lotteries please go to gamblingcommission.gov.uk. If you are worried about your gambling or that of someone close to you, GamCare is the UK's leading authority on the provision of support, advice and counselling to people affected by gambling problems. If you or someone you know needs help or advice call their helpline 0808 8020 133 or visit GamCare.