Glendurgan is open for the 2021 season. Here's what new for visitors this year.
Glendurgan is open from Tuesday to Sunday (also open on bank holidays and Mondays in August) and the tea-house (not NT) is open for takeaway.
The maze, Giant’s Stride rope swing, and fish cellar remain closed. The shop has also permanently closed. We've introduced advance booking to keep everyone safe and maintain social distancing. To avoid disappointment please book in advance, especially at busier times such as weekends, bank holidays and if you're planning a morning visit. However, where space is available in the afternoon, pre-booking may not always be necessary.
Arrival and parking
When you arrive at the main garden entrance building a member of the team will greet you. Please have your ticket ready and state the name used to book. If you're a member, please have your membership card ready to scan as well.
In order to maintain social distancing, please arrive within your timeslot. Sadly, if you're more than 10 minutes late, we won’t be able to guarantee you entry. Your entry will be at the discretion of the property staff and will be based on visitor numbers and the ability to maintain social distancing.
Please note: we're asking non-members to pay for parking. All-day parking is £4 per vehicle or £2 for two hours. Free parking for National Trust members.
Campervans that are used for transport are welcome but are not permitted to stay overnight. At this time we’re unable to welcome caravans and coaches.
Durgan gates are locked at 4.30pm, the garden closes at 5pm and the car park is also locked at 5pm so please leave the property by then. Until this time you are free to enjoy Glendurgan for as long as you like.
To help keep everyone safe, please follow social distancing and government guidance when you visit. And look out for signs while you’re here which will explain any changes to how you can access different parts of the site.
Please be aware that paths throughout the garden operate a two-way system, please observe social distancing while in the garden and be aware that some paths can be narrow in places.
If you’re showing any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you've been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 14 days, please don’t visit.
- The garden is partially open.
- The tea-house (not NT) is open for takeaway.
- The toilets in the main visitor car park are open as normal and are sanitised regularly through the day. These are the only toilet facilities currently open at the property. In line with government guidance, you're required to wear a face covering in most enclosed spaces, unless exempt. This includes the toilet facilities. Please bring one with you.
- The gates to Durgan village and beach at the foot of the garden are open.
- Glendurgan shop has permanently closed.
- The plant centre remains closed.
- The maze and Giant’s Stride rope swing remain closed for now.
- Durgan toilet remains closed.
The paths in the garden are gravel and includes some cobbled sections. There are also some steps and steep slopes.
There is an alternative wheelchair accessible route which is also marked on the map. Please check with staff on arrival if you have any concerns or call 01326 252020 to speak to a member of the team before your visit.
We are sorry but we are unable to offer our mobility scooter for hire at this time.
Please see our updated Access Statement in the Facilities and Access section of our website for more details.
Assistance dogs only in the garden.
Dogs are welcome in the surrounding North Helford coast and countryside and you can access lots of dog friendly walks from our countryside car park at Bosveal just round the corner. Glendurgan's reception team will be happy to provide you with a map of local dog walks.
Visit nationaltrust.org.uk/bosveal for more information.
How to book
All visitors must book a ticket in advance, including members. Entry and parking is free for members, but please bring your membership card with you. Non-members will need to pay in advance.
- Please book one ticket per person, except for children aged 5 or under as they don’t need a ticket.
- You’ll need to choose a 30-minute arrival time for the day you want to visit.
- The timeslot is for your arrival time only
- Tickets are for your use only and are not available for resale
- We'll send your booking confirmation by email. Please make sure you fill in your correct email address when you book to ensure you receive your confirmation email.
Every Friday we'll release new bookings for visits the following week. You can book up to 18 hours before a timeslot.
Due to limited spaces, we’re asking that you only book once a week to allow others a chance to visit.
Changing your booking
If your plans change and you can’t make your timeslot, you can easily change or cancel your booking. We really appreciate you doing this as soon as possible so the tickets can be made available for other visitors.
If you’re a member, the option to cancel or change your booking can be found in your confirmation email by selecting ‘view and manage your order online' underneath your order summary.
For non-members, please ring us on 0344 249 1895 to discuss changing your booking.