National chocolate week at Goddards
Where better to indulge in all things chocolate than at the former home of the Terry family.
Share our love of chocolate at Goddards with two weeks of celebrations including bite-sized talks, trails and tastings from 10 - 14 October, and from 17 - 21 October for National Chocolate Week.
What to expect
- 10 minute talks will take you through over 250 years of Terry’s chocolate history with props, tastes and amusing anecdotes each day from 12noon
- Displays examining life as part of the Terry workforce and the role women played in the family and factory life are with ‘A Suitable Job?’
- A friendly team on hand to chat to and more to discover about one of the world’s most iconic chocolates – and how it started life as a chocolate apple
- A chocolate trail - can you find out who has taken Mr. Terry's Segsations?
- Chocolate boxes hidden around the house
Then for afters...
After you've explored the house and all its contents, treat yourselves to lunch and indulge in a slice of chocolate orange fudge cake or chocolate orange trifle in the family's dining room. Enjoy afternoon tea and, for two weeks only, try a chocolate orange scone accompanied by orange marmalade.
- Walk off all those mouthfuls of chocolate around the beautiful Arts and Crafts garden.
- Children can follow the Terry family pet trail
- Spot the former factory clock tower in the distance across the racecourse
- Wander among the trees in the orchard or through the rock garden
" It's not Terry's, it's mine"