National chocolate week at Goddards
Where better to celebrate all things chocolate than at the former home of the Terry family.
In the 250th anniversary year of Terry’s of York, Goddards will be celebrating the chocolate maker's history as part of National chocolate week from Wednesday 11 to Sunday 15 October 2017.
What to expect
- Displays about the 250th anniversary of the company
- 10 minute bite-sized chocolate talks focussing on how the business has changed over the 250 years; Wednesday 11, Thursday 12 and Friday 13 at noon
- A friendly team on hand to chat to and more to discover about one of the world’s most iconic chocolates – and how it started life as a chocolate apple
- Chocolate box crafting
- A chocolate trail where you will learn more about how chocolate was made and how long it took the factory line workers to pack a chocolate orange (hint: you had to have nimble fingers!)
Then for afters...
After you've explored the house and all its contents, treat yourselves to lunch and indulge in a slice of chocolate orange fudge cake in the family's dining room.
- Walk off all those mouthfuls of chocolate around the beautiful Arts and Crafts garden
- If you are feeling energetic, have a go at clock golf or tennis
- Spot the former factory clock tower in the distance across the racecourse
- Wander among the recently planted orchard
" It's not Terry's, it's mine"