Christmas at Goddards
Make yourself at home this Christmas; relax and do as little as you like as you settle around the fire with a glass of sherry and play board games with family and friends. Stay a little longer for a festive lunch and take in the crisp air on a gentle stroll around the gardens.
Celebrate the festive season like the Terry family
Open Thursday - Sunday from 14 November until 15 December 2019, 10.30am - 4pm
Goddards is opening its doors for a nostalgic run up to Christmas. The house is aglow with festive lights and traditional decorations and a warm welcome awaits you.
Take a seat in the dining room that overlooks the Arts and Crafts garden and enjoy a two or three course meal Thursday - Sunday, 28 November - 15 December.
Lunch: £27.50 for two courses, £32.50 for three courses plus normal admission charges - free to National Trust members and under fives. Pre-booking is essential, please call on 01904 771956.
***fully booked on 5, 14 and 15 December***
- Lightly spiced celeriac soup with crispy garlic and herb croutons
- Smoked mackerel pâté with beetroot relish, pickled cucumber and sour dough toasts
- Port soaked melon pearls with Parma ham and feta
- Double baked cheese and leek soufflé with apple and walnut salad
- Traditional roast turkey, with sage and onion stuffing, pigs in blankets and cranberry sauce
- Slow cooked beef finished with a creamy mushroom and marsala sauce
- Oven baked fishcakes on wilted spinach with a lemon, tomato and caper berry salsa
- Butternut squash, brie and cranberry wellington served on a light roast red pepper jus
All main courses are served with a selection of seasonal vegetables and crispy roast potatoes
- Christmas pudding with brandy sauce
- Pear tart tatin with homemade cinnamon ice cream
- White chocolate and ginger cheesecake with a dark chocolate sauce
- Rum infused panna cotta with a pomegranate glaze
- Finish with tea or coffee and a delicious chocolate orange truffle for £3.15
A winter's stroll and a warming sherry
Wrap up warm and wander through the gardens after your meal to enjoy the Goddards' Arts and Crafts rooms in winter.
Take a seat by the fire and finish off your visit with a sherry just like Noel and Kathleen Terry would have done all those years ago.