Doggy day at Greenway
Monday 1 May is a day of fun for all the family at Greenway - especially those with four legs. From 11am-3pm in the Walled Garden there will be fun competitions and demonstrations taking place, with prizes up for grabs.
There's sure to be something your pooch will be top-dog at in the fun competitions. We will be joined by The Blue Cross to help in the judging department, and each competition is £2 to enter. The line-up is:
- Waggiest tail: 11.25am
- Best-dressed: 11.50am
- Golden oldie (over seven years): 12.15pm
- Loveliest eyes: 12.40pm
- Best trick: 1.05pm
- Scruffiest mutt: 1.30pm
- Best-behaved puppy (under two years): 1.55pm
- Fastest biscuit catcher in the west: 2.20pm
- Winner of winners: 2.45pm.
To enter the competitions, just sign up at the National Trust table in the Walled Garden at least five minutes before the judging begins. There will be rosettes for the dogs that are awarded first, second and third place in each category, and additional prizes which have been supplied by some kind local businesses. These include Tom Horsley Photography, and Bertie and Crew.
Oakwood Gundogs will be providing some entertainment with demonstrations and scurries. Everyone is welcome to have a go at the scurry, which is a timed competition to see who'll retrieve in the fastest time.
Every time your four-legged friends visit Greenway and Coleton Fishacre this May, they can get a stamp on their pooch passport. Once they have six stamps, they'll receive an extra special treat from Visitor Reception. Don't forget to pick up their pooch passport when you come to doggy day.
- Dogs are very welcome throughout the garden at Greenway, in the shop and outside the café.
- We ask that you keep your dogs on short leads while at Greenway to help to stop the spread of plant diseases: if your dog were to go sniffing in the borders, they could easily pick up and spread around a plant disease.
- There are dog waste bins dotted around.
- The team are all big dog lovers and usually have a buscuit ready to share in visitor reception and the shop.
- If you would like to travel to Greenway by car, you will need to book a parking space by following the link below or calling us on 01803 842382.
- Normal admission prices apply for doggy day.
Book your parking space at Greenway
There are lots of ways to travel to Greenway, and if your plan is to come by car then don't forget to book your parking space.