The Coach House Café grab and go at Hatchlands Park
You can find the Coach House Café at the south end of the cobbled courtyard close to the old stables and the pre-loved bookshop, in spaces that once housed Lord Rendel’s coaches and carriages. Drop in for snacks, light bites and kids' lunchboxes.
The Coach House Café is our 'grab and go' café where your stay might be shorter, but no less enjoyable. This is where the majority of our children's food is available with kids' lunchboxes especially sized for small hands. You can also enjoy snacks, light bites, ice creams and hot and cold drinks. With new and tasty recipes for every season, our resident cook bakes cakes and makes sandwiches on site every day so you’ll always be able to enjoy a fresh, healthy and tasty selection.
At the Coach House Café you can enjoy:
- a selection of sandwiches on white or brown bread
- boxed salads
- tray bakes
- a large selection of ice creams available from the freezers
- hot drinks – coffees, a selection of teas, hot chocolate
- cold drinks – mineral water, juices, soft drinks, beer, wine
- kids' lunch boxes featuring a sandwich, drink and 3 other items of your choice including fresh fruit and cheese
- just outside the Coach House Café, you’ll find the Jude’s ice cream cart where you can buy scoop ice-cream in tubs or cones – enjoy flavours including strawberries and cream, black coconut, honeycomb and salted caramel.
- a limited selection of hot food can be made to order, these will be delivered to your table from our kitchen in the Kitchen Café. For a larger selection of hot food we recommend visiting the Kitchen Café further up the Cobbled Courtyard.
All the items from the Coach House Café are served in takeaway packaging, all of which is made from plants and not plastic. Alternatively, if you’ve brought your own reusable sustainable cup with you, then we’re always very happy to fill it with your hot drink of choice. If you haven’t got yours yet then you can find a range of bamboo ecoffee cups and homeware in our shop.
The Coach House Café is the best destination for your four-legged-friends; dogs are very welcome both inside and outdoors. If you’re out for a dog walk and you want to enjoy a snack and a drink afterwards then head to the Coach House Café. You’ll also find water bowls outside. The Kitchen Café, further up the cobbled courtyard, does not allow dogs inside and we prefer that dogs are not left tied up unattended in the courtyard.
Our Coach House Café is open 363 days a year, 7 days a week, from 10am until 3pm. Whenever you visit us for a walk in the park, our café will always be open to welcome in the whole family, including your dog, and warm you up.
Pack a picnic
Looking to avoid the crowds and queues? Why not bring your own food. There are picnic areas with benches provided all over the parkland. Alternatively, you can just throw a rug down on the lawn and enjoy your home-made treats in the spectacular surroundings.
Although the surroundings are historic, we want to offer you the best of the modern world too. You'll find reliable and easy to use Wi-Fi in our café. Whenever you visit, you’ll be able to get online with your laptop, tablet or smartphone, completely free of charge.