Family fun this autumn at Hinton Ampner
Grab the wellies and woolly hats for a visit to Hinton Ampner. Set off on the Frankenstein trail, set within the formal grounds, and have a go at some of our '50 things to do before you're 11 ¾' activities. Indulge in a rich hot chocolate in the café before getting back out into the estate for some much needed fresh air at Hinton Ampner this autumn.
October half term: Frankenstein trail
Saturday 26 October to Sunday 24 November 10am-3.30pm
The outdoor family trail will engage children's detective skills as they discover how Frankenstein’s Monster might have survived outdoors at Hinton. They'll also uncover the compassionate side of Frankenstein’s Monster, learning about the importance of kindness while engaging with autumnal plants and wildlife.
Pick up your trail sheet from the Visitor Reception. Trails cost £1 per child.
50 things to do before you’re 11 ¾
Within the wider estate there's plenty of opportunities to run around in the rain, build a shelter made of leaves and branches, find blackberry bushes and collect conckers.
Pick up a booklet from visitor reception and start your journey today.
Feeding those hungry tummies
When you need to refuel and take a break from exploring, visit our café for a selection of homemade hearty treats. With a delicious range of cakes and bakes, hot meals, sandwiches and drinks, warming up couldn’t be easier. We’ve got a kids menu and handy pick ‘n mix packed lunches to satisfy all the family, even the smallest members.
If treats are the theme of the day, then don't forget to pop into the shop to find lots of pocket sized toys and confectionary.
Family friendly checklist
Just case you have any further questions when planning your fun day out, here are some more details:
- Children under 5 go free.
- Baby-changing facilities in access friendly toilets.
- Pushchairs admitted around the grounds and in all catering outlets, though not in the house due to space restrictions.
- Hip-carrying infant seats available for loan in the house.
- Children’s menu available in the café including a pick’n’mix lunch box; ice creams are also available
- Highchairs available in the café.
- Picnic spaces around the grounds as well as picnic benches by the entrance.
- Great family gifts and pocket money toys available in the shop.
- Family membership - with family membership you can enjoy great adventures at over 500 National Trust special places and free car parking at countryside sites. Memberships for both one-adult and two-adult families are available, just ask our team at reception for more information. Help us keep Hinton Ampner a place for generations of families to explore and enjoy.