Find inspiration this New Year at Kingston Lacy
Whatever your goals this year, between the house, garden and wider estate at Kingston Lacy we have something to help you on your way…
Kingston Lacy’s 8500 acres are laced with walking routes for all abilities and features 72 miles of footpaths, cycle trails and bridleways.
Why not try….
- Taking a gentle stroll around the formal garden taking in the beauty of the carpet of snowdrops at their best throughout February.
- Explore our Woodland Trail by bike or by foot. Discover stunning views of the house and parkland as you travel along old carriage drives that were created by the Bankes family.
- Spot the first signs of spring with a riverside walk at Eye bridge.
- Enjoy hilltop views and wildlife walks whilst taking in the historical significance of the iron-age hill fort and burial mounds at Badbury Rings.
- Spot each of the 6 species of native reptile at Holt Heath, the largest remaining area of heathland in Dorset
- Take your bike for a spin every Thursday on our active free cycle rides. In partnership with Moors Valley Country Park.
Become an art expert
Did you know Kingston Lacy has one of the most important art collections in the National Trust? The house is a treasure trove with a special collection 360 years in the making including works by Rubens, Van Dyck, Titian, Tintoretto and Velazquez. Our knowledgeable volunteers will guide you through the collection whether you are an art novice or a regular visitor to galleries. There is always something new to discover.
Learn a new skill and make a difference
If you're looking to develop new skills this year, why not try volunteering with us? Last year Kingston Lacy welcomed record numbers of visitors and we are now developing ambitious plans for the years ahead. For this, we need your help. From room guides to catering volunteers and outdoor lovers; there is a place for you at Kingston Lacy.
Spend more time with the family
Spending quality time together is easy with many family friendly spaces such as the woodland walk and kitchen garden play areas. Throughout the year your little ones can explore the house and garden with family activity packs that offer creative and interactive ways to celebrate what each season brings to Kingston Lacy. Add a little magic to half terms, holidays and special times of year with visits from the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus’. Visit the 'Whats On' section to find full details of all events throughout the year.
Read more books
Laugh, cry, be shocked or thrilled…it’s all possible with a good book. We have a brilliant second hand book shop at Kingston Lacy so get browsing on your next visit.
Give time or money to charity
It's thanks to our supporters that we're able to protect special places like Kingston Lacy. There are so many ways you can contribute, from volunteering as a fundraiser to pressing apples in autumn, or simply buying a raffle ticket to support our work (and maybe even bagging £10,000 in the process!). If you'd like to find out more about ways to give, we'd love to hear from you.