Seek out spring this half-term at Lacock Abbey
If you’ve been stuck indoors this winter, then February half-term is the perfect opportunity for the whole family to enjoy some time together outdoors.
With half-term upon us,it's the perfect time to explore lacock’s woodland garden and all her flowers, find the rope swing, and enjoy a hot drink and slice of cake in our cosy courtyard tea-room.
You might fancy being a Lacock explorer, joining us on an adventure with our self-led family trail. A handy map from Visitor Reception will inspire you to explore the many paths trailing the abbey grounds and gardens. Inside the abbey from 12 February, The Bug Files awaits, a new trail to follow, as well as lots of information about keeping Lacock Abbey, and other historic houses, free from bugs, pests and dust.
At this time of year, the abbey grounds are springing back to life after the sleepy winter season, with lots of colourful flowers beginning to grow. How many blooms can you find? From Sat 10 - Sun 18 February, join in our Valentines Day Flower Count and tick off all the flowers you see from a checklist postcard available from Visitor Reception.
Winter weather can be pretty unpredictable, so don’t forget your wellington boots and hats!
Family friendly checklist
- Children under 5 go free.
- Baby-changing facilities in access friendly toilets in the courtyard at the abbey, and in the Red Lion car park toilets.
- Pushchairs admitted around the grounds and in all catering outlets, though not in the house due to space restrictions.
- Hip-carrying infant seats available for loan from the abbey.
- Children’s menu available in the café including a pick’n’mix lunch box; ice creams are available.
- Highchairs available in the café and tea-room.
- Children's play area in village playing field.
- Rope swing in the woodland garden.
- Changing self-led family trails in the grounds.
- Picnics allowed in the grounds and picnic benches in the Pound by the play area in the village.
- Spotter trail in the house
- Colouring crayons and activity sheets in the catering outlets
- Great family gifts and pocket money toys available in the shop