Become a member and help Marsden Moor
By joining the National Trust with the Marsden Moor team, your membership subscription will go directly towards conserving the countryside that we look after.
Becoming a member is not only about visiting houses, it’s also about helping to protect our precious countryside. The countryside is free for you to visit and it’s open every day of the year. This means it doesn’t bring us any income, so your membership is vital to our work on the moors.
So what do we spend your membership money on?
- Footpath work costs £100 per metre for stone slabs which need to be flown in by helicopter
- One wooden stile costs £35
- A kissing gate costs £150
- Wire fencing costs £10 per metre
Where can I join?
If you’re in Marsden you can drop into our office next to the train station or call ahead before planning a visit where a member of our team will be happy to spend a few minutes signing you up there and then. When you sign up with us at our Marsden office your money will go directly towards conserving Marsden Moor.
You’ll then also gain free access to hundreds of other special places and help protect them for future generations.
You can also join online.
Other ways to help
In addition to becoming a member of the National Trust, you can also support our work here at Marsden Moor by:
- Joining one of our guided walks. Our walks are free but donations are welcome and raffle tickets are often available to buy.
- Come and support our plant sales, Christmas tree sales and other events throughout the year.
- Leaving something to us in your will – legacies play a huge part in funding our project work.
To find out more about volunteering with us please get in touch.
Corporate volunteering or Employer supported volunteering?
Get your team away from the office and help one of your local National Trust sites.
For more information please contact the team firstname.lastname@example.org
Supporter groups in West Yorkshire
Why not join an Association or Centre near you to get more from your local National Trust. By joining a group you can take part in special interest talks, visits, fundraising events and more.
Thank you for your support – we couldn’t do it without you.