Join the team at Melford Hall
Volunteers from all sorts of backgrounds help us look after our special places. Whatever you'd like to achieve whether it is a one-off or a longer term commitment for yourself, or with friends and family, we'd love you to be part of it.
Our volunteers have so many reasons why they're with us. We asked them what they felt some of the benefits were:
- Trying something different or indulging your interests
- Helping to look after this special place and bring it to life
- Join a great family and make new friends
- Feeling good about doing something worthwhile
- Learning new skills and enhancing your CV
- Having fun and enjoying regular social events
- Very flexible with days and hours for volunteering
- Knowing that you're helping our visitors have a great day out
Volunteering puts you at the heart of the National Trust. You’ll join a family of thousands looking after our special places.
Get in touch with us and search our opportunities
You just need to be warm, friendly and have a love of people - we'll teach you the rest. To find out more about getting involved, pick from one of the following:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us on 01787 379228 to talk
- Have a chat with us when visiting and pick up a volunteering pack up
- Apply for current opportunities at Melford Hall
Whichever you choose, you'll get plenty of advice and information to help you decide.
A social experience
Our 170 volunteers are quite simply the heart of Melford Hall. Without them we couldn't keep it going. To say thanks, our volunteers enjoy regular talks, coffee mornings, walks and talks and outings. Highlights are always our seasonal social events where we all come together as a family.