Delivery service terms and conditions
The garden centre delivery service is designed to help you get everything you came for. However, in order to take advantage, you'll need to be aware of the terms and conditions.
- Goods must be paid for in full prior to the goods being ordered or delivered.
- The delivery charge consists of a distance charge and where applicable, a handling charge which will be quoted prior to acceptance.
- Only one attempt will be made to deliver to the customer on the agreed date and if the customer or his agent is unable to accept delivery then only one other further attempt will be made on another suitable and arranged date.
- If any further attempts to deliver are agreed, then an additional delivery charge will be due, and payment will be due prior to the arranged date.
- Morden Hall Park Garden Centre staff can only give general guidance as to when customer’s orders will be available; any date given is for guidance only and cannot be guaranteed. We will endeavour to let the customer know at the earliest opportunity of any delays.
- Customers will be notified when their goods are available for collection or delivery as soon as the goods are received or available at the garden centre.
- Special customer order items must be paid in full prior to the order being placed, and are non-refundable.
Delivery days and times
- Deliveries will only be made at premises within our designated delivery area between the hours of 9:30am – 5pm (unless otherwise advised) on the specified day (Monday to Saturday).
- We cannot guarantee times of deliveries but every endeavour will be made to deliver on the agreed date.
- We strongly advise customers not to book tradesmen prior to the receipt of their goods and we will not be held responsible or liable for any loss or expense caused as a result of delay in delivery.
Heavy or strangely-shaped items
- Any item to be delivered over 25kg in gross weight or of excessive volume will be deemed as a two man delivery.
- We will advise of any additional cost at the time of order, as this will be classed as a two man delivery.
Limitations of delivery service
- Morden Hall Park Garden Centre offers a kerbside delivery service only. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that there is suitable and safe access for the items to be delivered.
- Our drivers are not expected to carry heavy items into back gardens, through houses or up flights of stairs.
- If the driver feels a suitable or safe area is not provided the goods will be returned to Morden Hall Park Garden Centre and the customer will be charged for any subsequent delivery at cost.
- A signature is required for any items delivered at the point of delivery, if the driver is unable to obtain a signature the goods may be returned to Morden Hall Park Garden Centre and the customer will be charged for any subsequent delivery at cost.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that there is sufficient room for our vehicle to deliver. The minimum width required is 2300mm, with minimum headroom of 3500mm. Any aborted delivery due to insufficient access will incur an additional delivery charge.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to notify us of any parking restrictions prior to delivery, failure to notify Morden Hall Park Garden Centre may result in a ‘failed delivery’ and the goods will be returned to the garden centre.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to receive and check the goods, once delivered the customer accepts responsibility for all goods. Any damages or defects must be reported within 24 hours.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to dispose of and recycle any pallets and packaging. Morden Hall Park Garden Centre does not offer a recycling or disposal service.
- If you require any unwanted goods to be collected, then a collection charge will apply at the current delivery rates.
- Any cancellation requires no less than 48 hours’ notice after which the original delivery charge becomes non-refundable or an additional charge may apply.
- Our drivers are not permitted to undertake any ancillary service such as construction, installation, fitting, repair or recommendation in connection with the goods delivered. We will not accept liability for any loss or damage arising from such activities.
- Morden Hall Park Garden Centre and The National Trust retain the right to refuse delivery of any item at any time.
Acceptance of the above terms is a condition of the delivery or order contract. This does not affect your statutory rights.