Mount Stewart Main Car Park Closure - January to March 2020
Mount Stewart welcomes over 235,000 visitors a year who come to enjoy the majestic house, world-class gardens and historic woodland walks. To ensure we can accommodate our growing visitor numbers we are embarking on an improvement project for our main car park starting week commencing 6th January 2020.
In an effort to deliver the best visitor experience possible we are investing in a project to make significant improvements to the main car park. In order to do this, the main car park at Mount Stewart will be closed from 6th Jan 2020 for approximately 10 weeks. This include access via the roadway through Car Park 1 for the duration of the works.
Blue badge and parent and baby spaces in the main car park will remain in use throughout the project. Visitors requiring use of these spaces will be directed along a new route to this area of the carpark. Visitors should be aware these spaces are limited and if full you will be directed to the overflow carpark, however, visitors can drop off at the Lookout prior to parking in the overflow car park if required.
All other parking during this time will be relocated to Car Park 2 (Overflow Car Park) from where the reception desk, tea-room and shop are just a 600m (5-7min) walk.
This project will deliver the following benefits:
- A new layout with easier to access car park spaces and improved markings
- A new footpath along the lough shore side of the car park
- A new viewing point to take in the views of Strangford Lough
- An increase on Blue Badge spaces (from 8 to 12)
- An increase in regular parking spaces (from 96 to 107)
- Improved safety features including additional pedestrian crossing points and traffic calming features
If you have any questions regarding your visit please contact us on 02842 788 387 or email email@example.com
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your cooperation.