Group visits to Mr Straw's House
Visit Mr Straw's with your group and step back in time to a 1920s family grocers home. Share in the stories of the Straw Family through their possessions with our guided tours. On some of our group visits we can even open the Archive and the Textile Store for you to take a peek behind the scenes. With the opportunity to visit before the house opens for the day, during the day of even in the evening, why not book a couple of visits with us. You could also combine your visit with a guided walk of the town, taking in the places the Straw family worked, wandered or worshiped. We can also come to you, with our talks volunteers. Charges for group visits do apply and we would be happy to discuss these with you. Please do contact us to discuss how we can share our stories with your group by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01909 482380.
- due to the size of the property large group bookings maybe more complicated so please do call in advance to discuss this with us.
- all bookings must be made in advance, to ensure we can facilitate your visit.
- because of the size of the rooms your group will be subdivided to visit the family home in Endcliffe Villa (normally groups of 4 individuals)
- group admission is £6.50 per person for day visits for more than 6 people. For evening tours these are £10 per person (additional charges for behind the scenes tours may apply) and the Worksop Walk is £5 per person.
- visiting Endcliffe Villa takes around 45 minutes per group visit, you can browse our display room in Warwick Villa at your leisure, chat with the House Team in the Conservation Studio. If you've booked a behind the scenes visit, we can advise you on timings.
- please allow approximately 90 minutes for your visit, however this may be longer if you are a larger group.
- Blyth Grove is not suitable for coaches - ask us for information on parking nearby
- we sell hot and cold drinks and a small selection of snacks in our refreshment area along with gifts in our small shop
- we have picnic tables and benches in the gardens and orchard
Our knowledgeable and enthusiastic volunteer room guides greet visitors on each floor of the house, pointing out fascinating objects and talking about the Straw family and their lives.
Dedicated guided tours are available for an additional charge, and can offer the opportunity to go behind the ropes and see our archive and costume store. We can also offer this opportunity in the evenings if this suits your group. Please enquire for more information.
How to book
Please call us on 01909 482380 or email email@example.com for more information or to make a booking.
Mr Straw's House Talks Service
Would you like to hear all about Mr Straw's House, but can't get here? We can come to you! We have a great team of volunteers and staff, who can come and talk to your group about Mr Straw's House, the National Trust, and much more. We have a variety of talks and could even create a bespoke talk for your group. To find out about how to book a talk, or for more information, call us on 01909 482380 or email firstname.lastname@example.org