Big Build competition at Nunnington Hall
Let your imagination run wild!
How to enter the Big Build competition
Use the bricks provided to create whatever your imagination thinks of. Your creation must be built at Nunnington Hall using only the brick provided.
To enter the competition, take a photo and share this with us on www.facebook.com/NunningtonHallNT. Simply comment on the Big Build post at the top of the page. Don’t forget to let us know what you’ve called your creation and post an image.
Entries will be accepted until midnight on Sunday 16 September. The winner will receive a prize of LEGO bricks worth £100.
Big Build - terms and conditions
1. This competition is open to all residents of the UK, except for employees of the
National Trust, their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
2. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms
and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all terms and conditions are adhered to.
Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. All entries must be received by midnight on the Sunday 1 September 2018. Late, incomplete entries will not be accepted.
6. Entrants under the age of 16 must obtain the consent of a parent or guardian
prior to submitting the entry.
7. All entries submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them, or on behalf of their child.
8. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit
have been taken with the consent of anyone who is identifiable in that image or the
consent of their parent/guardian if they are under 16 and that they have been advised of
the purpose of the submission and that their photograph may be published by the
9. Entrants must ensure that the entries they are submitting are their own work and have been built At Nunnington Hall during the exhibition, that they own the copyright for them and that they do not infringe the copyright or other rights of any third party or any laws.
10. Entrants will retain copyright and moral rights in their submitted entries however, by entering, all entrants:
(a) grant the National Trust non-exclusive rights to use the entry to promote the competition the entries were submitted to or for similar future competitions within a five year period of the winners of the competition being announced;
(b) agree that the National Trust may contact them through Facebook direct messaging system to discuss potential use of the entry beyond promotion of the competition. Such discussion and negotiation will be independent from the competition
and will not affect entrants’ chances of winning.
11. The National Trust will ensure the entrant will always be credited whenever his or her entry is used and published by the National Trust.
12. The winning entries will be judged to be most creative and imaginative.
13. The winner will be notified by Facebook direct messaging system two weeks after the closing date.
If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the judges
reserve the right to select another winner from the eligible entries which were received
before the closing date.
14. The winner of the Big Build competition will win a prize of LEGO bricks worth £100.
All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
15. The winner may be required to take part in publicity and their name and county may be published on the National Trust website and other National Trust publications.
16. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the National Trust and accordingly the National Trust may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the promoter as a result thereof.
17. English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.