Visiting this Easter?
Get back to nature over the Easter holidays and have some fantastic Easter adventures at Ormesby Hall. Here are some FAQ to help you plan your visit.
Join us for the Easter holidays (7 April – 11 April & 14 April - 22 April) for 11 days of fabulous Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt fun. Discover life at the Ormesby Grange farm in the garden as you search for clues on the Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt and then receive your delicious Cadbury chocolate egg reward. We have an alternative to chocolate, which is a gift from the shop for anyone who can't have chocolate. Please speak to a member of staff, there is no alternative cadbury chocolat prize available.
The Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt costs £2 per person which can be paid by cash only at the event start point in the garden. You can't book in advance for this event.
Please note that normal admission prices do apply for this event. Admission is free for National Trust members and children under 5. Standard admission prices are:
Adult: £5.70 / Child: £3.00 / Family £14.00
If you're not a member, why not consider joining at Ormesby Hall on the day? Membership options start from just £5.75 a month and our Reception team will be delighted to talk you through what's available. There’s plenty to keep your little ones entertained at Ormesby Hall, visit after visit and with 500 places to visit across England it’s great value for money.
Easter is a busy time of year for us so we've put together a quick FAQ to help you make the most of your day. We hope it’s helpful.
- Our main car park is on grass and can get muddy during wet weather, so please wear suitable footwear.
- We recommend car sharing wherever possible and if you travel by public transport or walk to us you will receive a free drinks voucher on arrival. (Please bring evidence of your local address or transport tickets)
- We are very busy between 11am – 2pm and so we advise you arrive for 11am or wait until midafternoon when we become quieter, the egg hunt is on until 4pm and we close at 5pm.
- Due to the wet weather it remains quite wet underfoot in the car park areas and in the garden, so come prepared with your wellies for some splashing in muddy puddles.
- Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt is running from Sun 1 April – Thursday 12 April. (Closed Fridays and Saturday)
- We open at 11am and the event will be running until 4pm. There are no set times and you don’t need to pre book, just turn up and join in.
- The Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt costs £2 per child which can be paid in cash only at the event start point in the garden.
- Normal admission prices do apply for this event and you can see them above. Admission entry is always free for National Trust members and children under 5.
- If you’re not a member, why not join while you’re here? It’s great value for money and if you join with us on the day by direct debit then you’ll also get free Cadbury Easter Egg Hunts for all the children in your group, which you can use across the Easter period at all participating properties.
- The tea-room will be open serving hot and cold drinks, sandwiches, soup, hot lunches, scones and cake. There’ll be a second tea-room outlet serving cold drinks and ice cream.
- If you're looking for fun things to do for the rest of the Easter holidays then join us for egg decorating and farm crafts during the weekdays, please check the event dates and times.
In addition to the Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt or our Easter activities, there's always plenty to see and do at Ormesby for children of all ages. Look up high in the house for the cuddly farm animals hiding, stop by the model railway layouts, do some washing in the laundry, spot the Easter chicks hiding in the Victorian Kitchen or let off some steam in the natural play area and have a play with the garden games. If you want to bring a family picnic then there are plenty of places to sit and enjoy it, or you can pop into our tea-room to treat yourself to a tasty lunch and children’s lunch box.