Beetroot, carrot and spring onion fritter
Keep your tastebuds tingling with these sweet and earthy fritters. Packed full of nutrients and purple in hue, serve these crispy light bites on their own or with salad for a delicious meal.
- 200g gram flour
- 200g raw beetroot, peeled and grated
- 200g carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Place the flour, salt and pepper into a bowl and combine.
- Add in the beetroot, carrot and spring onion and combine again.
- Add enough water to just bind the mixture together.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, split the batter mix into 4 and place into the pan.
- Leave to fry for 2-3 minutes until the bottom sets and starts to go crisp.
- Carefully flip the fritters and cook for a further 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and place into your preheated oven at 180°C for 10 minutes to ensure the centre of the fritter is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and serve.