Delightful Christmas cupcakes, perfect for a festive buffet. Why not let the children help in decorating these cupcakes ready for your festive feast?
- Unsalted butter – at room temperature 80g
- Soft brown sugar – at room temperature 80g
- Self-raising flour – at room temperature 80g
- Large eggs – at room temperature and beaten 2
- Glace cherries – halved 80g
- Brandy 25ml
- Sultanas 40g
- Dried figs – chopped 50g
- Grated zest of an orange
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/G4.
- Line a 12 hole muffin tin with cupcake cases.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy.
- Beat in the eggs a little at a time.
- Fold in the zest and flour, followed by the remaining ingredients.
- Spoon the mixture into the cases and bake for 15 minutes, until golden and risen.
- Remove the cakes from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
- Decorate with white water icing and edible silver and gold balls. Alternatively with Christmas motifs made out of coloured ready-to-roll icing.