Courgette, pea and basil soup
Enjoy tucking into this healthy and fresh courgette, pea and basil soup. Fill your bowl high with this vibrant green soup and feel your tastebuds tingle with flavour. You could serve this as a light lunch or starter.
- 1 tbspvegetable oil
- 200gwhite onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 500gcourgette, roughly chopped
- 25gvegetable bouillon
- 10gbasil, finely chopped
- Salt to season
- Place a pan over a medium high heat and add the vegetable oil. Once the oil is hot, add the onions and sauté for 10 minutes until the onions start to soften.
- Add in the courgette and cook for a futher 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable bouillon and water, and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes until the courgettes are tender.
- Add the peas and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes to cook the peas through.
- Take off the heat and stir through the chopped basil. Blitz with a stick blender until your soup is smooth.
- Taste and season with salt as needed.