Create the perfect cookie that's chewy on the inside and crispy on the outer edge with our easy recipe. These cookies are simple and delicious, making them ideal for weekend baking or whipping up a cheeky afternoon snack. They're sure to be a hit, so make sure you bake plenty for everyone to tuck into.
- 250gbaking margarine
- 180gcaster sugar
- 75gsoft light brown sugar
- 50ggolden syrup
- 1tspvanilla essence
- 375gself-raising flour
- 50gcocoa powder
- Toppings of your choice
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the margarine and sugars into the bowl, and using a spoon or hand whisk, beat them together until smooth.
- Add the golden syrup and vanilla and mix again until combined.
- Finally, add in the flour and cocoa powder and gently mix together.
- Split the dough into 12 even pieces. Place onto your lined baking tray and flatten gently. Space them out a little, as they will spread when cooking. Top with your favourite Easter treats.
- Place your tray into the oven and cook for around 12-14 minutes until slightly firm and cracked on the top. They'll be slightly soft, but don't worry, they'll firm up more as they cool.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.