Sweet crispy meringue, thick whipped cream and fresh summer berries, combined with the floral highs of elderflower, this is the ultimate indulgence and a true celebration of British summertime.
- 300g (10.5oz) mix of summer fruit
- 400ml (13.5fl oz) double cream
- 3 meringues, crushed
- 1tbsp elderflower cordial
- 1tsp fresh mint
- Wash and dry the fruit and reserve a few pieces for garnish.
- Crush the meringue and put a few pieces to one side for garnish.
- Whip the cream until it has stiff peaks, be careful not to over whip.
- Fold in the cordial.
- Fold the meringue and the fruit mix into the cream.
- Divide between your serving dishes and top with the reserved fruit and meringue.