Lamb and vegetable stew
A heartwarming and tasty lamb and vegetable stew.
- 1.5ltrs/50fl.oz water
- 700g/24oz diced lamb
- 350g/12oz carrots, diced
- 350g/12oz Onions, diced
- 350g/12oz swede, diced
- 30g/1oz beef bouillon
- 5g Fresh thyme
- 400g/14oz potatoes, diced
- 200g/7oz leeks, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the water in a large stock pot and bring to the boil add the diced lamb and stir well.
- Add the carrots, onions, swede, bouillon and thyme, bring back to the boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 1–1.5 hours.
- Check the meat is tender and then add the potatoes, continue to simmer for a further 20 minutes.
- Add in the sliced leeks, stir well and check the seasoning, continue to simmer until the leeks are soft and everything is cooked, decant to serve.