Lemon and oregano chicken skewers
With the days getting warmer and longer, why not try something new with these fresh and zesty skewers? These are perfect to add to your next feast. Try them with Tzatziki and our Greek salad recipe for a Mediterranean inspired meal.
- 500g diced chiicken thigh or breast
- 10g fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- Salt and pepper to season
- Place the chicken in a bowl with the oregano, lemon, salt and pepper and combine. Cover and leave to marinate for an hour in the fridge.
- Thread the chicken on to four large, or eight small skewers and place on a lined baking tray.
- Place in an oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes until caramelised and cooked thorough.
Hungry for more recipes?
From our kitchens to yours, why not recreate all that you love about a visit to a National Trust café? From hearty mains to light snacks and naughty treats there's something for every mood.