Give this classic flavour combination of chocolate and orange a go in the form of this traybake. With a soft sponge, tangy marmalade and silky chocolate topping, it's a fun and simple bake that's perfect for a sweet treat or delicious dessert.
- 200g Self raising flour
- 175g Caster sugar
- 175g Salted butter or margarine
- 3 Medium eggs
For the top
- 250g Orange marmalade
- 200g 70 per cent dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C, gas mark 5.
- Place the flour, sugar, margarine and eggs into a bowl and whisk together using a hand whisk until light and fluffy. If you have a stand mixer you could use that instead of the hand mixer.
- Tip the sponge mixture into your lined 20cm baking tray. Smooth out the surface with a spatula, then place into your pre-heated oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and firm to the touch when pressed. You can test it with a skewer; it should come out clean when inserted into the middle of the cake.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Tip the marmalade into a bowl and whisk briefly with a fork to break it down and make it smooth, pour over the top of the sponge. Place in the fridge to chill and set.
- Melt the chocolate by placing it in a bowl over a pan of simmering water and stirring occasionally.
- Remove the cake from the fridge and pour over the melted chocolate, tip the tray backwards and forwards to ensure the marmalade is evenly covered with the chocolate.
- Leave to cool and set then remove from the tin by lifting the edges of the parchment paper.
- Portion and enjoy!