Mince pie brownies
Mince pies and a brownie together in one recipe? Our chefs have come up with a surprising recipe that'll get everyone’s tastes buds tingling. A festive twist on a classic brownie, these indulgent mince pie brownies make for a delicious dessert, Christmas pick-me-up or thoughtful gift to share with loved ones. Plus, they're a great way to use up any leftover mince pies.
- 250gbaking margarine
- 400gcaster sugar
- 75gcocoa powder
- 150ggluten-free self-raising flour
- 100gdark chocolate chips
- 250gleft over mince pies, broken into bitesize pieces
- Preheat your oven to 160°C and line your 30cm x 23cm baking tray.
- Place the margarine into a pan on a low heat until melted.
- Take the pan off the heat then add the sugar and cocoa powder. Mix together to thoroughly combine.
- Beat the eggs together in a separate bowl then add them to the cocoa mixture. Combine together thoroughly.
- Add in the flour and mix again.
- Gently stir in the chocolate drops, broken mince pies and mincemeat.
- Pour the mix into your baking tray and smooth down the top.
- Place in the oven for 30-35 minutes until risen slightly and just set – there should be a slight wobble.
- Once cooked, take out of the oven and cool completely in the tin.
- When the mince pie brownies have completely cooled, refrigerate until cold before cutting.