Open ravioli with egg & spinach cream sauce
A wonderfully light pasta dish with poached eggs and spinach, topped with a delicious cream and tomato sauce.
- 8 lasagne sheets
- 20ml oil
- 400g/14oz spinach
- 10g butter
- 8 eggs
- 3 bay leaves
- 400ml/14oz white wine
- 400ml/14oz double cream
- 200g/7oz tomatoes
- 10g chives
- 50g smoked cheddar, thinly sliced
- Fill a large pan with water and bring to the boil. Pour in the oil, a pinch of salt and add the lasagne sheets. Cook until al dente, drain and refresh under cold water, leave to cool and cover to prevent drying.
- Place the spinach in a pan with a little water, bring to the boil and cook until starting to dry, add the butter and then salt and pepper to season. Cook for a further 3-5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Place the bay leaves in a pan with the wine, bring to a rolling boil and continue to cook until reduced by half. Add in the cream and boil again until the sauce is thick and reduced, season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters and remove the seeds, chop into small concasse and put to one side.
- Poach the eggs for around a minute until the white is just set then refresh in chilled water.
- To serve; bring a pan of water to the boil, drop in the lasagne sheets and place two eggs into the boiling water. Place a sheet of lasagne on your plate, add a portion of the spinach putting it in a small circle covering the lasagne. Drain the eggs and add these on top of the spinach.
- Place the smoked cheddar on top of the eggs.
- Place the second lasagne sheet over the cheese at a slight angle.
- Mix a portion of the sauce with a spoonful of the tomato concasse and chives.
- Drizzle the sauce around the plate covering the edges of the lasagne.