Pea and mint pesto pasta
Light and minty, with cheese and citrus.
- 500g/18oz frozen peas
- 150ml/5fl.oz double cream
- 20ml/1tbsp white wine vinegar
- 20g/1oz fresh mint
- 1 garlic clove
- 10ml/2tsp lemon juice
- 15ml/1tbsp coldpressed rapeseed oil
- 50g/2oz Parmesan
- 5g salt
- 2g pepper
- 500g/18oz pasta
- 120g/4oz Cheddar cheese
- Place the peas in a large mixing bowl and cover with boiling water, leave to stand until softened and then drain well.
- In a blender, blitz the peas, double cream, white wine vinegar, mint, garlic, lemon juice and oil. Pulse the mixture a few times until the peas are broken down but still have a little texture.
- Add the Parmesan and blitz again. Season with salt and pepper, then decant until needed.
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions, drain and then stir in the pea pesto mixture.
- Serve in a bowl and add a little grated Cheddar cheese on top.
This recipe is from our 2016 summer menu and has been developed in collaboration with our new Food Ambassador, Claire Thomson.