Peach and seed flapjack
A new twist on our classic bake. Perfect for a picnic with friends and family.
- 600g/24oz Oats
- 235g/9oz Margarine or butter
- 165g/7oz Golden syrup
- 135g/5oz Caster sugar
- 65g/3oz Apricots, chopped
- 60g/2oz Pumpkin seeds
- 65g/2oz Sunflower seeds
- 35g/1oz Poppy seeds
- 165g/7oz Peaches, drained weight
- Place the margarine or butter, syrup and caster sugar in your saucepan over a medium heat. Warm through until melted, then remove it from the heat and put to one side.
- Place the oats, apricots, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and poppy seeds into a large bowl.
- Pour over the melted margarine or butter mixture and stir gently to combine.
- Place the peaches in a food processor and blend them until smooth. Add them to the oats in the bowl and stir again until everything is incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into your greaseproof paper lined tin (ideally a 9 inch x 12 inch brownie tin).
- Place into your oven at 160C for around 15 to 20 minutes or until they are lightly coloured and starting to firm up on the top. Remove from the oven, leave to cool and portion.