Roast honey and mustard chicken
Free range chicken thighs, slowly marinated in honey mustard dressing. These are perfect for grilling on the barbecue on those warm sunny days. Best served with a seasonal vegetable medley and a chilled glass of dry white wine.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 20g (1oz) wholegrain mustard
- 50ml (2fl oz) honey
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 15g (0.5oz) brown sugar
- 50ml (2fl oz) natural yoghurt
- 2 tsp oil
- 20g (1oz) parsley, finely chopped
- 35ml (1fl oz) oil
- 100g (3.5oz) courgette, halved and then cut into batons
- 1 red pepper, cut into slices
- a sprig of parsley, roughly chopped
- a sprig of thyme, roughly chopped
- 30g (1oz) beans, trimmed
- 70g (2.5oz) mangetout
- 50g (2oz) broccoli including stalk, peeled and cut into thick batons
- 75g (2.5oz) carrot, peeled and cut into batons
- 100g (3.5oz) potato, cooked and quartered
- a small tin of chick peas, drained
- Use the salt to crush the garlic to a paste.
- Place in a bowl with the mustard, honey, white wine vinegar, brown sugar and natural yoghurt.
- Whisk until smooth and then add the oil, stir well and add the parsley.
- Add four chicken thighs, with the skin scored and stir to coat, leave to marinade for eight hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Remove the chicken thighs from the fridge and place on a baking tray, put into the oven and cook for 20 – 30 minutes or until cooked through, remove and leave to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Place the oil in a pan and sauté the peppers and courgettes until just colouring.
- Add the parsley and thyme to the courgettes and peppers and stir well; decant into a large bowl.
- Blanch all the remaining vegetables in boiling water or in your steamer and refresh in cold water.
- Tip the vegetables into the courgette and herb mix and stir well to combine.
- Add the chick peas and a little seasoning; stir well.
- Place the vegetable mix in a sauté pan over a medium heat and warm through gently stirring regularly.
- Divide the vegetable mix between your plates and top with the chicken portion, drizzle over any remaining marinade and serve.