Salmon and summer vegetable salad
Crisp summer vegetables, sweet peppers and fresh aromatic herbs straight from the garden are mixed with chick peas and topped with succulent flakes of poached salmon fillets. Perfect as a light bite or to accompany a barbecue.
- 35ml (1fl oz) oil
- 100g (3.5oz) courgette, halved and then cut into batons
- 1 red pepper, cut into slices
- sprig parsley, roughly chopped
- sprig of thyme, roughly chopped
- 30g (1oz) green beans, trimmed
- 70g (2.5oz) mangetout
- 50g (2 oz) broccoli including stalk, peeled and cut into thick batons
- 75g (2.5oz) carrot, peeled and cut into batons
- 100g (3.5oz) potato, cooked and quartered
- small tin chick peas, drained
- a whole Iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 3 salmon fillets, poached and flaked
- vinaigrette dressing
- Place the oil in a pan and sauté the peppers and courgettes until just colouring.
- Add the parsley and thyme to the courgettes and peppers and stir well; decant into a large bowl.
- Blanch all the remaining vegetables in boiling water, or in your steamer and refresh in cold water.
- Tip the vegetables into the courgette and herb mix and stir well to combine.
- Add the chick peas and a little seasoning; stir well.
- Stir the iceberg lettuce into your vegetable mix and place into your bowl.
- Divide the salmon between the bowls of salad and finish with a drizzle of the dressing.