Smoked salmon and cream cheese with citrus notes.
- 500gsmoked salmon slices
- 600gfull fat soft cheese
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 20gfresh dill finely chopped
- 20gchives finely chopped
- 300gsmoked salmon slices for wrapping
- 4 bread rolls
- vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
We recommend using fish that is certified sustainable by the Marine Stewardship Council; look out for the MSC blue fish label on the packaging.
- Blitz 300g salmon in a food processor until smooth.
- Mix the pureed salmon, cream cheese, lemon juice, dill and chives in a mixing bowl.
- Lay out a sheet of parchment paper on the side and lay the smoked salmon slices in a rectangle.
- Place the cream cheese down the centre of the salmon.
- Wrap the salmon around the filling using the parchment.
- Twist the ends of the parchment to tighten the roll so it looks like a Christmas cracker and then secure with string or a clip. Chill in the fridge overnight.
- Slice the bread rolls into thin slices, lay on a lined baking sheet, drizzle with oil and season, and place in the oven at 180C for 10 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Cut the mousse into 1cm thick slices and place on a serving plate. Add the toast slices and a portion of the rocket to serve.