Smoked salmon and cream cheese with citrus notes.
- 500gsmoked salmon slices
- 600gfull fat soft cheese
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 20gfresh dill finely chopped
- 20gchives finely chopped
- 300gsmoked salmon slices for wrapping
- 3 bread rolls
- vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
We recommend using fish that is certified sustainable by the Marine Stewardship Council; look out for the MSC blue fish label on the packaging.
- Blitz 300g salmon in a food processor until smooth.
- Mix the pureed salmon, cream cheese, lemon juice, dill and chives in a mixing bowl.
- Lay out your cling film in a double layer and lay the smoked salmon slices in a rectangle.
- Place the cream cheese down the centre of the salmon.
- Wrap the salmon around the filling using the cling film.
- Twist the ends of the cling film to tighten the roll and then tie the film in a knot, or secure with string. Chill in the fridge overnight.
- Place the sliced bread rolls on a lined baking stray, sprinkle with salt and pepper, drizzle with oil and bake at 180C until golden.
- Cut the mousse into 1cm thick slices and place on a serving plate. Add the toast slices and a portion of the rocket to serve.