Scrambled eggs, tomato and spinach on sourdough
This scrambled egg dish is perfect for early morning risers or mid-morning brunch lovers.
- 4large tomatoes
- 1 tbspcold-pressed rapeseed oil
- 2 tspdried oregano
- Pinchsea salt and cracked black pepper
- 100gfresh spinach
- 4 slicessourdough bread, thickly cut
- 2 tspchives, finely chopped
- For the oven-dried tomatoes; pre-heat the oven to 140c (120c fan) / 300f / Gas mk2
- Slice each tomato into 4 slices, place on a lined baking tray and drizzle over the oil. Sprinkle over the oregano, salt and pepper, then place in the oven and bake for around 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, gently turn the slices over and put back for up to another 30 minutes. Remove and leave to cool.
- For the spinach; place a pan over a medium heat and add 3 tbsp water. Bring to a boil then add the spinach, cover the pan and boil the spinach for around 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and tip the spinach into a colander to drain.
- Place the sourdough into your toaster or under the grill.
- For the eggs; whilst the bread is toasting, crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk them gently with a fork.
- Place a large pan over a medium heat, add the butter and when it is melted and gently sizzling tip in the eggs. Stir gently and then cook for a couple of minutes or until the eggs are setting. Remove the pan from the heat, stir and put back on the heat. Keep doing this until the eggs are scrambled to your liking. Season at this point with the salt and pepper.
- Place the sourdough toast on your plate, divide the spinach between the toast, laying it on top. Layer four slices of tomato per plate, on top of the spinach. Divide the scrambled egg between the plates, placing it on top of the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle over the chives and serve immediately.