Smoked mackerel rillette sandwich
This delicious recipe makes enough for four people with a generous filling.
- 100g cream cheese
- 75g mayonnaise
- 30g horseradish sauce
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- ¼ bulb of fennel, finely chopped
- 1tbsp capers, finely chopped
- ½tsp dill
- 340g (4) smoked mackerel fillets
- 4 malted grain baps
- 50gbutter or margarine
- 1 small beetroot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 50g rocket
- Vinaigrette dressing
- Place the cream cheese, mayonnaise and horseradish sauce in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the spring onions and fennel along with the capers and dill and stir again.
- Flake the mackerel fillets, removing the skin and any large bones, add to the cream cheese, mix everything together until you have a rough textured pâté/rillette.
- Cut your rolls in half and spread each half with the butter or margarine.
- Divide the mackerel rillette between the rolls. Top with the sliced beetroot and a portion of the rocket, followed by a drizzle of the vinaigrette.
- Serve on a plate with a handful of mixed leaves, dressed in the remaining vinaigrette.