Summer berry rippled panna cotta
Head to Italy when you tuck into this classic creamy dessert. With delicate vanilla notes and a fresh and vibrant fruity topping, it's the perfect chilled dessert for summer that everyone will love.
For the panna cotta
- 250ml double cream
- 250ml milk
- 3 sheets gelatine
- 75g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the compote
- 350g fresh mixed berries
- 100g caster sugar
- 50ml water
- For the compote, place the berries, sugar and water into a pan over a low heat and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Continue to simmer gently for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved, the berries start to soften slightly and release some juice.
- Place to one side to cool.
- For the panna cotta, place the gelatine sheets in enough water to cover and leave to soak.
- Warm the cream, milk, vanilla and sugar in a pan over a low heat, stirring constantly until the sugar has dissolved.
- Strain the liquid from the gelatine and squeeze to remove any excess.
- Stir the gelatine into the warm cream mix until its fully dissolved.
- Pour the mix into your ramekins or pudding basins.
- Using a teaspoon, take some of the juice from compote and gently drizzle into the panna cotta to achieve the ripple.
- Place into the fridge to set before turning out onto your serving plate and garnishing with the homemade compote.